RECREATION AIDE, NF-0189-01
- Announcement Number:
- Position Status:
- Flex, No Benefits
- $10.50 - Hourly
- Areas of Consideration:
- Local Commuting Area with SOFA Status
- Relocation Expenses:
- Application Email:
AREA OF CONSIDERATION:
U. S. citizens in the commuting area who are authorized sponsors or command-sponsored dependents of civilian and military personnel.
This position is located within Community Activities Division, Bowling Center (Pinz) of the Morale, Welfare and Recreation Department, US Naval Station Rota, Spain. The incumbent works under the direct supervision of the Bowling Manager. Incumbent is involved with a variety of duties in support of the Community Recreation Program that may include MWR special events, Command events, or other similar MWR recreational services.
Incumbent performs routine daily operations of the Bowling Center to include greeting customers and by answering the telephone; takes messages and handles customer requests or referral to the appropriated staff member. Ensures compliance with patron check in/check out procedures.
Organizes and executes a variety of in-house tournaments and other Bowling Program special events. Communicates to supervisor patron requests and/or suggested program changes developments. Informs supervisor of damage to equipment. Exercises the Star Service Customer Skills in dealing with customers, co-workers and supervisors. Operate a cash register, Point of Sale (POS) system, processes product or service transactions including program registration; receives payments and makes change. May assist in maintaining routine reports and/or performs clerical, custodial and/or general maintenance duties as needed. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualification Requirements: Incumbent must hold a high school diploma or GED and Six (6) months of general experience OR one (1) year of education above high school.
General Experience: Any type of work that demonstrates the applicant’s ability to perform the work of the position.
Ability to interact effectively with users, other staff members and supervisors, using tact and courtesy to accomplish assigned tasks. Ability to communicate orally and in writing. Must be able to learn MWR policies, rules and regulations involving the Bowling Program.
Applicant must be able to obtain a valid CPR or First Aid Certifications; Food handlers and C.A.R.E training, where applicable within 90 days of employment.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- This position requires successful completion of: physical examination, Local Background Investigation and NACI Background.
- Selected applicant will not lose any entitlement for future spouse preference eligibility (NAF/GS positions)
- The incumbent will be required to work nights, weekends, holidays as well as split days off.
- Work may require sitting, walking, long periods of standing, bending and lifting of moderate heavy items up to 40 pounds.
- Selected is subject to direct deposit of pay
- Persons who are US Citizens with residency in Spain and persons who have dual nationality (US and Spanish) are not employable in a US position.
- If selected, military personnel must provide this office with written authorization from their command to work during off-duty hours.
- NATO SOFA and Agreement on Defense Cooperation (ADC) between Spain and the United States are applicable when determining eligibility.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants must submit the Employment Application form or resume and applicable required documentation (see below) to FR Personnel Office or by email to email@example.com.
Please ensure that your application contains all the information requested in this vacancy announcement and the Employment Application form. If your application does not provide all the information requested, you may lose consideration for the position.
- Employment Application form or Resume
- Family Member Status form (if submitting a resume)
- Declaration for Federal Employment (OF306)
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Overseas Residency Questionnaire
- Sponsor’s Permanent Change of Station (PCS) Orders, including page 2, or Command-sponsorship authorization.
- Additional documents
- Current or former NAF/APF Employees: copy of most recent PAR/SF50
- Military Retired: Copy of DD214
- Proof of Education (official transcripts) if it’s required for the position.
To ensure appropriate credit for education, please attach copies of transcripts, certificates or other acceptable evidence to your application.
For further information, call the Personnel Office at DSN# 727-1723 or #727-1525 (commercial phone #956-82-1723 or #956-82-1525) or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.