Rota MWR Library services
Please read the reopening instruction below to help ensure the health and safety of everyone. If you violate these rules, you risk losing your access to the library.
- All patrons must wear a cloth face covering at all times in the facility.
- All patrons must maintain social distancing (6 feet/2 meters) in the facility.
- All patrons must sanitize hands upon entering the facility.
- Study area and conference room are available by reservation only.
- Book return is available everyday at one of the two outdoor MWR drop boxes. Materials will be quarantined for five days before reshelving.
- Library Maximum Capacity: 40 patrons
- TV Room Maximum Capacity: 4 patrons (unless family members)
Every Tuesday at 11 a.m. at the MWR Library, reservations are required.
Computer Usage Rules
- All patrons must request computer use from a library staff member.
- No more than one hour of computer time permitted when patrons are waiting.
A world of knowledge is at your fingertips at the MWR Library. Whether you’re a college student researching a term paper or you’d just like to find information on the Internet, the MWR Library has all the information you need. There are thousands of books, magazines, and newspapers available. Every month, the Library receives the latest book releases of every genre for all age groups.
The U.S. Navy General Library Program has developed an easier way to access a variety of free online library resources. These resources are available to Navy families and the civilians that support them on bases around the world. Keep those kids reading all year long! Check out the Navy's updated General Library web page with great reading suggestions!
If you are a member of the Air Force or Army, please see the downloads section to access your e-library. Please do not hesitate to contact the Library if you need any assistance.
Remote Learning Stations are available!
No Wi-Fi at home? Safe learning spaces with free internet access are now available for elementary, middle and high school students to participate in remote and virtual classroom instruction and complete required assignments.
How to use/request reservations:
- Reservations are required. Walk-ins permitted.
- Reservations will be for one two-hour time slot during normal operating hours for the library.
- Reservations can be made each day for your child(ren).
- Computers are available for student use.
- Children under 10 years old must be accompanied by an adult (18 years and older).
- Family units can share a learning station.
- Families cannot join other families. One family per learning station.
- Cloth face coverings are required at all times within the facility.
To make a reservations or for more information, please call 956-82-2418 or DSN 727-2418.