Rota Golf Course
Welcome to the Rota Golf Course! Our 18-hole golf course is 6,500 yards in length and covers more than 200 acres. It is the oldest golf course in Southern Spain and is open 12 months out of the year. Practice your game on the driving and chipping range and the putting green. Compete in our special tournaments. Create your own command or organization's golf tournament with the help of our golf course staff. Tee Times are available seven days a week and reservations must be made in advance, no walk-ins accepted. To make a reservation call 956-82-2260 or DSN 727-2260. Active duty service members can call four days in advance to reserve a tee time. Retirees, DoD members and contractors can make tee time reservations three days in advance.
- Pro Shop is open and offers full retail sales, including golf course logo shirts, hats, shoes, gloves, balls, ball markers and more.
- Patrons not permitted to try on clothing or shoes.
- No returns on any purchases.
- Credit card payments preferred, cash accepted.
- Credit card payments accepted via phone and can include items from the Pro Shop (i.e. gloves, balls, tees, etc.). Refund only provided if cancelled 48 hours prior to reserved tee time.
- Tee time reservations must be made in advance. No walk-ins accepted.**
- Tee times are in 12-minute intervals.
- Maximum of four players
- Single players and twosomes will be paired with other players as much as possible. No exceptions.
Check In and Punctuality
- All players must arrive 15 minutes prior to playing and must be ready to begin promptly at their reserved tee time.
Driving Range and Range Balls
- Do not move the mats.
- Range balls are sanitized between each use and available at Pro Shop counter.
Practice Putting Greens
- Cups located above ground.
- One cup on each green will have a ball remover and a flag stick inside the cup.
Golf Club Rental
Golf clubs are available for rent and are sanitized before and after each use.
Sanitized by golf staff between every use and available at Pro Shop counter.
Golf Club Storage
- Players are not allowed to clean shoes or clubs inside the building.
- Two players can rent one golf cart for 9- or 18-hole games.
- Players must return and park golf cart behind the cart storage barn.
- All golf carts are sanitized between each use.
Push/Pull Cart Rentals
Available for rent and are sanitized between each use.
- Players are not allowed to skip around holes during play.
- Players are not authorized to play through another group to ensure maximum social distancing measures and safety.
- All ball wash stations are secured and not allowed for use.
- Sand Traps
- No sand rakes at the sand bunkers.
- If golf ball is in the footprint or old sand divot, players will drop as close as possible to the nearest point of relief inside the sand bunker.
- Do not touch the flag sticks. They must stay inside the cup at all times.
- Putting cups on the course
- Hands free golf ball remover is inside each putting cup.
- Use your putter head or grip to slide handle to get golf ball out of cup. Never use your hands.
- Holes #2 and #11 scorecard holder boxes are secured.
- No pins on practice greens.
Pace of Play
- Maximum time for nine holes: 2 hours 10 minutes per group.
- Players are encouraged to play from created tee marker provided by golf staff for each player based on their average driving distance off the tee. (See our PGA Play it Forward Tee Program that encourages players of all skill levels to play golf from the tee marker that is best suited to match up with their average driving distance. This information is posted on tee boxes #1 and #10).
- If a group is playing slow, our golf course marshal will request your group move forward to the next color of tee markers on the golf course for the remaining holes to ensure speed of play is maintained for all players on the golf course.
- No water coolers available on the golf course
- No private coolers permitted on the golf course premises.
- Alcohol available for purchase at Pro Shop.
- No outside alcohol is authorized on the golf course premises.
**To make a reservation call 956-82-2260 or DSN 727-2260 9 a.m.-9 p.m. everyday. Active duty service members can call four days in advance to reserve a tee time. Retirees, DoD members and contractors can make tee time reservations three days in advance.
Rental clubs, carts and pull carts available for rent.
We have a fully stocked PGA Golf Shop with our new Golf Course Logo on many varietes of retail items to choose from.
Driving range and practice area.
PGA golf lessons for active duty
Every Thursday, 4:30-6 p.m.
By appointment only. To make an appointment, please call 956-82-2260 or DSN 727-2260
Golf Couse Customer Survey. We want your feedback to help us improve our golf program.
Our TEE IT FORWARD Program is based on allowing golfers of different "skill" levels instead of gender, to allow everyone to enjoy the course on a more level playing field. YOU WILL SCORE BETTER, PLAY FASTER AND HAVE MORE FUN!!
White Tees: Play from these tees if your AVERAGE Tee Shot goes 250 yards or more
Blue Tees: Play from these tees if your AVERAGE Tee Shot goes 225 yards or more
Yellow Tees: Play from these tees if your AVERAGE Tee Shot goes 200 yards or more
Blue Tees: Play from these tees if your AVERAGE Tee Shot goes 175 yards or more
Rota Golf Course Calendar Events November-January 2023
Nov. 4. Air Force Tournament
Nov. 5. Spanish Military Tournament (Open for play at 2 p.m.)
Nov. 11. Veteran's Day Par-3 Ind. Stroke P. (Tee Time 9 p.m.)
Nov. 19. Turkey Shoot Four Person Scramble Tournament (Tee Time 9 p.m.)
Nov. 26. Spanish Military Tournament (Open for play at 2 p.m.)
Dec. 3. MWR One Person Scramble (Tee Time 9 p.m.)
Dec. 10. MWR Candy Cane (Open play at 1:30 p.m.)
Dec. 17. Spanish Military Tournament (Open for play at 2 p.m.)
Jan. 7. MWR One Person Scramble (Tee Time 9 p.m.)
Jan. 14. Spanish Military Tournament (Open for play at 2 p.m.)
Jan.21. MWR Four Person Four Ball Scramble Tournament (Tee Time 9 p.m.)
Jan. 28. Spanish Military Tournament (Open for play at 2 p.m.)
For more information or to register for one of these events, please call 956-82-2260 or DSN 727-2260.